The rural landscape of Green Lake County is dotted with late 19th century farmsteads exemplifying many architectural styles including examples of Greek Revival, Queen Anne, Gothic Revival and Italianate homes. The out buildings reflect a number of barn, silo and stable styles.
The cities of Princeton and Berlin have National Register Historic Districts comprised of over 100 commercial buildings mostly from the late 19th century. The City of Berlin has a residential National Historical District near the Nathan Strong Park with homes of Craftsman, Bungalow, Greek revival, Italianate and Queen Anne styles of architecture.
The City of Green has three public buildings on the National Register of Historic Structures. The neo classical style Green Lake County Courthouse built 1899, designed by William Waters (1843-1917). Mr. Waters is best known for designing the Wisconsin Building for the 1898 Columbian Exposition (Chicago World’s Fair). The modern movement style Green Village Hall designed by W. Weeks and one of the earliest buildings to use wood lament arches completed in 1939. The Thrasher Opera House is a restored 1910 community vaudeville type theatre.